Road Occupancy Permits for Utility Works

Utility companies requiring to occupy the Town's right-of-way to complete work on utility infrastructure will need to apply for a Utility Road Occupancy Permit (ROP).

Please note that payment and submission of an ROP application is not considered a valid permit. The Town will reach out to you to provide a valid permit upon satisfactory review of the permit application.

ROP applications must be submitted to the Town a minimum of 10 business days prior to the planned start date of work.

Prior to starting your ROP application, please ensure you have the following documents:

  • A copy of an up to date WSIB Clearance Certificate.
  • A copy of your Certificate of Insurance (The Town requires a minimum of $5,000,000.00 in General Liability and the Town must be listed as additionally insured.
  • Approved Municipal Consent (if applicable).
  • A drawing/ sketch of the proposed works.
  • A Traffic Control Plan (TCP).
  • A photo of the work area showing pre-existing conditions.
  • A Restoration Plan​


Apply for a Road Occupancy Permit for Utility Works

Road Occupancy Permit Application for Utility Works

Address: Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, 100 Dissette St., Unit 7&8, Bradford, ON, L3Z 2A7

Phone: 905-775-5366, Send an Email

By GHD Digital