BWG Transit - a Better Way to Go!
Bradford West Gwillimbury's municipal transit system provides bus service for residents who need transportation to appointments, shopping, amenities and more. Additionally, it provides a shared-ride taxi service for GO Train commuters outside of regular transit hours.
|2019 Service Expansion - evening/Saturday service and more!|
The following changes start January 2, 2019 - watch for new maps on the buses and check your new stop time!
- Route 1
will run weekdays 7am to 7pm on a 30-minute schedule (instead of 35 minutes).
- Route 2 will run weekdays 6am to 7pm.
- New Saturday service will operate on both routes from 9am to 5pm.
- Weekdays from 7am to 5pm, a second bus - Route 2B - will run counter-clockwise to reduce wait times. The regular Route 2 will now be referred to as Route 2A.
- Route 2A/2B will provide on-demand service in Reagens Industrial Park (no signed stops, just hail the driver).
- Taxi-to-Reagens service will provide shared-ride taxi transportation between bus stops and Reagens Industrial Park during the late-night shift change period. Click for more details.
View guides online: Route 1, Route 2A, Route 2B
Coming soon: The new guides include stop numbers because in the near future, you will be able to use smartphone apps to look up bus times for your stop. Watch here and our Facebook page for updates!
FREE New Year's Eve transit service|
BWG Transit provides FREE New Year’s Eve service from December 31 at 5:00 p.m. until January 1 at 3:00 a.m. Leave the car at home and take the bus on us! Click for schedule.
|2018-2019 Holiday Closures|
Transit service does not operate on Sundays or the following holidays:
- December 25 & 26, 2018: Christmas
- January 1, 2019: New Year's Day (except for NYE service that runs to 3am)
- February 18: Family Day
- April 19: Good Friday
- April 22: Easter Monday
- May 20: Victoria Day
- July 1: Canada Day
- August 5: Civic Holiday
- September 2: Labour Day
- October 14: Thanksgiving Day
- December 25 & 26: Christmas
Security cameras now on all BWG Transit buses|
Effective January 2018, BWG Transit buses are now outfitted with on-board security cameras to ensure the safety of passengers and bus operators.
For more information on the CCTV system click here for a printable brochure.