Please be advised that the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury's building permits and inspections protocol has been amended based on an order issued by the Province of Ontario under the
Emergency Management and Civil Protection Act on April 3, 2020 (Ontario Regulation 119/20) which relates to the Closure of Places of Non-Essential Businesses, including certain construction. Please
click here for Ontario Regulation 119/20. As amended, please
Under Ontario Regulation 119/20, beginning at 11:59 p.m. on Saturday, April 4, 2020, each person responsible for a place of business that is not listed in Schedule 2 [of the regulation] shall ensure that the place of business is closed. Only the following types of construction were listed in Schedule 2 as Essential Businesses:
27. Construction projects and services associated with the healthcare sector, including new facilities, expansions, renovations and conversion of spaces that could be repurposed for health care space.
28. Construction projects and services required to ensure safe and reliable operations of, or to provide new capacity in, critical provincial infrastructure, including transit, transportation, energy and justice sectors beyond the day-to-day maintenance.
28.1 Construction projects and services that supp01i the operations of, and provide new capacity in, schools, colleges, universities, municipal infrastructure and child care centres within the meaning of the Child Care and Early Years Act, 2014.
29. Critical industrial construction activities required for,
i. the maintenance and operations of petrochemical plants and refineries,
ii. significant industrial petrochemical projects where preliminary work has already commenced,
iii. industrial construction and modifications to existing industrial structures limited solely to work necessary for the production, maintenance, and/or enhancement of Personal Protective Equipment, medical devices (such as ventilators), and other identified products directly related to combatting the COVID-19 pandemic.
29.1 Construction projects that are due to be completed before October 4, 2020 and that would provide additional capacity in the production, processing, manufacturing or distribution of food, beverages or agricultural products.
29.2 Construction projects that were commenced before April 4, 2020, and that would,
i. provide additional capacity for businesses that provide logistical support,
distribution services, warehousing, storage or shipping and delivery services, or
ii. provide additional capacity in the operation and delivery of Information Technology (IT) services or telecommunications services.
30. Residential construction projects where,
i. a footing permit has been granted for single family, semi-detached and townhomes,
ii. an above grade structural permit has been granted for condominiums, mixed use and other buildings, or
iii. the project involves renovations to residential properties and construction work was started before April 4, 2020.
31. Construction and maintenance activities necessary to temporarily close construction sites that have paused or are not active and to ensure ongoing public safety.
30.1 Construction to prepare a site fr an institutional, commercial, industrial or residential development, including any necessary excavation, grading, roads or utilities infrastructure.