Liquor Sales Licence

​​A liquor sales licence is issued for the sale and service of beverage alcohol in licensed areas where light meals are available. There is no restriction on the type of businesses that may apply for a liquor sales licence.

Although the licence is issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO), approvals must also be received from the Town of BWG and other agencies. Once the Town receives a completed Municipal Information Form, we will forward the form to required internal and external agencies to start the approval process.

Please also review the AGCO Liquor Sales Licence Application prior to beginning the licensing process.

The fee for the Liquor Sales License is $465. 

You Are Required to Submit:

  1. ​A completed Municipal Information Form​.
  2. A floor plan showing entrances/exits, tables, chairs, washrooms, and dimensions of floor area dedicated to public use. Please see AGCO's Floor Plan Guide.
  3. Payment of the prescribed fee.

Approval letter​​s​ are required from agencies listed below. Once received, the application will be forwarded to the AGCO for approval.

  1. ​Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (705 458 1103)
  2. BWG Fire & Emergency Services (905 775 7311)
  3. BWG Building Department (905 775 5369)

Please make an appointment with the Licensing Officer if you have questions or concerns, or to submit your application.

Liquor Licences

Liquor Licences are issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Some types of licences require municipal notice and/or clearance.

If you have any questions or concerns related to Liquor Licensing, please visit​

Special Occasion Permit

A Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required for the sale and service of alcohol at special occasions. There are three different types of SOPs:

  • ​Private Events
  • Public Events
  • Industry Promotional Events

Please review the AGCO Application for a Special Occasion Permit​ for further information on SOP's.

Several alcoholic beverages lined up along a bar counter
Alcohol and Gaming Commission

The AGCO houses the forms required for an application of a new liquor sales licence, including the Municipal Information Form, the Agency Letter of Approval, and Special Occasion Permits.

Small business owner reading his tablet
Information for Owners/Operators

The AGCO has several resources to assist Owners/Operators in applying for a licence or better understanding their obligations under the Liquor Licence and Control Act, 2019.

Restaurant business owner standing behind the bar, along a wall lined with wine bottles
Municipal Alcohol Risk Management Policy

BWG's Alcohol Management Policy provides responsible management practices at Special Occasion Permit functions held within Town facilities.

Address: Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, 100 Dissette St., Unit 7&8, Bradford, ON, L3Z 2A7

Phone: 905-775-5366, Send an Email

By GHD Digital