The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury manages 26 parks and parkettes for all residents to enjoy. Many of the Town's parks include features such as accessible picnic tables, wider pathways and curb cuts for ease of access for wheelchairs and strollers.
Your efforts to help keep the parks clean will motivate others to do the same.
Did You Know...?
- There are over 100 acres of parks and open spaces to be enjoyed year round in Bradford West Gwillimbury.
(Please be advised that park trails and pathways are not maintained during the winter months.)
- Park features range from play areas, sport courts with basketball and winter skating facilities; play structures, ball diamonds, soccer pitches, tennis courts and plenty of benches on which to relax and watch the fun.
- All playgrounds are inspected regularly as per Canadian Safety Association (CSA) legislation. Residents are reminded to perform their own "walkabout" of the playground area prior to allowing children on any equipment or play structure.
- You are welcome to bring your dog(s) to any of the parks; however, they must be leashed at all times and all litter picked up as per the Town's Stoop and Scoop By-law.
- Leave the car and take a walk at a number of locations in and around town that include woodlots and lots of wildlife.
Your co-operation in following the posted rules that have been established to maintain the parks is appreciated.
- Parks are open from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Where there are gates, they will be locked outside these times.
- Town By-laws require that dog owners clean up after their pets within Town limits.
- Dogs must be kept leashed in all public areas, including parks.
- Motorized vehicles other than authorized vehicles are not permitted in the parks. This includes snowmobiles, motorbikes and automobiles. Irresponsible vehicle users can do tremendous damage to the parks and natural areas.
- For the safety of all park users, golfing is not permitted in Town parks.
- Alcoholic beverages and smoking/vaping of any kind are also NOT permitted in Town parks.
If you see anyone vandalizing or abusing Town parks, please contact South Simcoe Police Services at 905-775-3311.