Development and Engineering Services
The Development and Engineering Services Department is responsible for managing the physical growth of the town, as well as ensuring sufficient infrastructure for responsible growth. We work with the public, council, property owners, other departments and public agencies to ensure that development is well planned and safe.
The department consists of four main divisions:
The Building Division is responsible for ensuring that construction and use of land, buildings and signage meets the standards established by municipal and provincial levels of government.
The Capital Projects Division is responsible for planning, design and construction of water, wastewater and transportation infrastructure, corporate asset management and GIS services.
The Development Engineering Division is responsible for review, inspection and assumption of municipal assets constructed as part of new municipal development including roads, water, wastewater and stormwater facilities.
The Community Planning Division is responsible for:
- growth management and policy planning;
- review of development applications;
- official plan and zoning by-law administration;
- built heritage and natural resource planning;
- urban design; and
- providing consultation and application review services for the Committee of Adjustment (minor variance and consent applications)