'Please Slow Down' Sign Program
The safety of all road users in BWG is a priority. You can help remind the public to be aware of pedestrians by displaying “Please Slow Down” lawn signs on your private property. These signs are a way of making motorists more aware of their speed as they travel in residential areas.
How can I get a sign?
Signs are available to purchase at a cost of $10 each at the Town of BWG Administration Office:
100 Dissette St., Units 7&8, Bradford
Open Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
When can I display the sign?
Between April 1 and November 30 of each year.
Where can I place the sign?
- On or in front of your own property (one sign per house, or two if on a corner lot).
- Set back a minimum of 0.6 metres (2 feet) from the curb or edge of the sidewalk.
- At least 3 metres away from any fire hydrant.
- Signs must not obstruct the traveled portion of the roadway, median, sidewalk, bicycle path or multi-use trail, and must not obstruct sight lines for pedestrians, cyclists or drivers.
- Signs must not be placed on public or municipal property, including roadway medians or islands, by an expressway or an expressway ramp, in a drainage ditch, or anywhere that blocks access to, or operation of, culverts, bridges and overpasses.
How do I install it?
- Signs must be inserted into the ground using the wire frame provided only.
- Signs must be installed as-is without added illumination or the use of reflective tape.
- They may not be attached to a building, structure, post, pole, tree or bush.
What do I do if it wears out or gets damaged?
Over time lawn signs can degrade, dislodge or otherwise fall into a state of disrepair. Please ensure that your lawn sign is safely maintained, and replace the lawn sign if damaged or unsafe.
Lawn signs that are unsafe or require relocation for any reason may be removed or relocated to a more suitable location at any time by the property owner or Town staff.
If you have any questions regarding the Lawn Sign Program, please contact:
Paul Dubniak, Transportation Technologist
905-775-5369 ext. 5206 or email@example.com