Celebrate New Year’s Eve with your family and
friends at the BWG Leisure Centre with the 9th annual Family First
Date: Friday, December 31, 2021
Location: BWG Leisure Centre (471 West Park Ave.)
Family First Night takes place this year in a smaller and modified fashion, preventative measures will be in place to ensure compliance with provincial COVID-19 restrictions and public safety measures. Events and activities for families and friends to enjoy! Activities will be available free of charge to event participants.
Pre-registration is not required. This event is only open to residents of BWG.
Schedule of Events & Activities:
5:30-8:30pm -- Busker Shows (Gymnasium)
5:30-6:45pm & 7:00-8:15pm -- Leisure Skating (Blue Rink)
5:45-7:00pm & 7:15-8:30pm -- Leisure Skating (Green Rink)
8:00-9:00pm -- Busker Shows (Outdoors in Sunshine Square)
9:00pm -- Fireworks
Take Home Crafts:
A surprise take home craft will be available. One per child while supplies last.
Please bring a non-perishable food item. Most needed items include cereal, 1L juices, juice boxes, granola bars,
peanut butter, jam, canned fruit or fruit cups, Kraft Dinner, crackers, canned meats (salmon, flakes of chicken; flakes of ham), pasta sauce, canned tomatoes, baked beans, rice, instant coffee, Size 5 & 6 diapers & baby wipes
All donations will go to the Bradford Food Bank.
*All activities and times are subject to change
- Indoor capacity is limited.
- Masks are required indoors, except for when engaged in physical activity (i.e. skating).
- Masks are recommended for outdoors, and required where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- As the BWG Leisure Centre is an indoor recreation facility, proof of vaccination is required for the indoor components of the event. Event participants 12 years of age and older will need to show proof of vaccination along with applicable ID upon entry to the BWG Leisure Centre. Please visit www.bwgleisurecentre.ca/vaccine for further details. Proof of vaccination is not required for the outdoor components of the event.
- We ask that participants follow physical distancing requirements and if you or anyone in your family are feeling unwell, please refrain from attending.
- All event attendees will be required to complete a COVID screening upon arrival.
Thank-you to our Sponsors: