Line 8 Resurfacing
The purpose of this project is to repair the damaged surface treated road surface on the 3km stretch of Line 8, between Sideroad 5 and County Road 27.
Please note that this is not a full road reconstruction project.
The Contractor is scheduled to begin work on Monday, June 6, weather permitting. It is expected that the entire project will take approximately one (1) week to complete once work begins. In the event of bad weather, the project will be delayed and additional time to complete the work will be required.
The work includes, but is not limited to the following:
- The installation and compaction of a hot-mix asphalt “scratch coat” to repair severely damaged portions of the existing road surface only, and to re-profile the road where necessary to ensure the appropriate cross-fall.
- The installation and compaction of a 50 millimetre, SP12.5 hot-mix asphalt wear course overlay on the entire road surface, at a total width of 7.0 metres.
- The installation of a recycled asphalt (RAP) gutter swale along the shoulder of the roadway adjacent to #3831 and #3841. Hot-mix asphalt driveway tie-ins will be completed in these locations ensuring positive drainage of surface water towards the road ditch.
- The installation of hot-mix asphalt spillways at the ditch outlet of the drainage swales.
- The installation and compaction of a 1 metre wide granular shoulder on both sides of the road.
HOW YOU MAY BE AFFECTED:
Line 8 will be temporarily closed to through traffic while work is ongoing. Local traffic will be permitted to travel through the work zone however access to residential driveways may be temporarily obstructed during the work, and some delays can be expected.
Please note that garbage collection and school bus pick-up and drop off will not be impacted by the proposed works.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Town of BWG Transportation Services: 905-775-5369, ext. 2200.