The Town of BWG, with the coordination of the Healthy Communities Advisory Committee, is excited to participate in this year’s Communities in Bloom challenge: “Hope is growing”!
To spread hope across Canada and throughout the community of Bradford West Gwillimbury, we are encouraging residents to plant a Hope Garden. A Hope Garden features the colour yellow, whether with flowers, shrubs or fruits and vegetables in your gardens, planters, hanging baskets or anywhere you have space to grow.
The Town of BWG will be participating by putting yellow flowers and plants in Town flowerbeds and baskets. Let’s paint the town yellow to show we care!
Are you planting a Hope Garden? Read on to find out how you can enter the local and national prize draws!
How to enter the Town of BWG’s contest:
- Plant your Hope Garden featuring the colour yellow.
(Want to plant from seed?
Click here to learn about the Library’s seed program.)
- Send your contest entry either by email to email@example.com or by dropping off a photo in a sealed envelope at the BWG Library at 425 Holland St. W during opening hours.
(optional) If you use social media, we encourage you to post as many pictures as you like of your Hope Garden on any social media platform with the hashtag
#hopeisgrowingBWG so that everyone can enjoy it. Watch for mini-contests throughout the contest period!
(optional) Click here for a poster you can print and put in your window to show others that you are participating in either the local or national contest, or both.(optional) Click here to add your address to the online map so that people can walk or drive by and appreciate all your hard work.
- Your entry must consist of one (1) photo of your garden (or any element of your garden), along with your complete name, residential address and an email or phone number, and a label or subject line that says “Hope is Growing BWG”.
- Entries must be received between May 1 and August 31, 2021 (one entry per residential address).
- There will be TWO grand prizes, each of a $150 gift certificate to the BWG restaurant of the winner's choice, with the winners to be chosen on September 15, 2021.
- One prize winner will be chosen by a judging panel of members of the Healthy Communities Advisory Committee.
- One prize winner will be chosen by a random draw from all entries, excepting the winner of the judged prize.
How to enter the national Communities in Bloom contest:
- You must register your garden at
Hopeisgrowing.ca in the relevant category.
- You are required to post a photo of your garden on your personal Facebook or Instagram page with the appropriate tags and hashtags.
Click here for complete contest rules.