Heritage Plaque Program
In Bradford West Gwillimbury, we are proud of our heritage. The Town of BWG and the Heritage Committee have developed a program allowing residents to purchase a plaque to signify the heritage of their properties.
Installing a plaque acknowledges the value and significance of BWG’s heritage resources, and helps raise heritage awareness for both residents and visitors. This program is an excellent opportunity to increase our sense of community and identify the rich heritage built by those who founded and developed our Town.
- Plaques are 8.5” x 14” x ¼” and constructed from clear acrylic with second surface graphics. The life expectancy is 25+ years.
Each plaque will display the building’s year of construction and, if applicable, notable owner names and occupations. If this information is not available, the plaque will display the building’s year of construction, historic name and municipal address.
- Each plaque will include mounting studs, a drill pattern and illustrated instruction sheet so the purchaser may install it.
Eligibility and Process
- To be eligible for this program, the property must be heritage listed, designated or the building of interest must be at least 100 years in age.
- If your property does not meet eligibility criteria but you believe your property contains heritage attributes that should be evaluated, please contact the Office of Community Planning at 905-778-2055 x.1400 or email@example.com.
- Interested purchasers must complete and submit an application form and fee for review and processing. Residents are encouraged to share any known history and research on their property with the application.
- Staff process applications and submit orders to the manufacturer. The cost is $144 plus HST for an individual plaque, or if you aren’t in a hurry, you can wait until four orders have been received so a bulk order can be placed, reducing the cost to $102 plus HST.
- Purchasers will be notified when their plaque is ready to be picked up at 305 Barrie St., Unit 2.
If you have questions please contact Office of Community Planning staff at 905-778-2055 x.1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org