Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is working to protect the health and safety of our community during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This page has been reorganized. Select a topic below for information.
What is the status of operations at the Town of BWG?
The Town of BWG has
declared an emergency.
- Municipal By-law Enforcement may be contacted for issues related to COVID-19 by calling 905-775-5366 ext. 1701.
Click here for more information on enforcement and how to make complaints.
- All administration offices are closed until further notice.
Virtual services (phone or online) are being provided wherever possible.
- Staff are working from home, so you may be required to leave a message and receive a call back.
Recreation Programs and Facilities
Council and Committee Meetings
- Regular Council meetings will be held via videoconference until further notice.
Click to find out where to watch online or listen by phone, and how to participate in Open Forum, Deputations or Public Meetings.
- A virtual Public Town Hall will be held soon where you will be able to watch/listen and ask questions to be answered live.
- Advisory Committee Meetings have been cancelled until further notice.
- The Fire Hall is closed to the public.
- A burn ban is now in place - current burn permits are cancelled and no new permits will be issued.
BWG Transit bus service is available on demand only.
Click to find out more.
BWG Transit and Taxi-to-GO are free for this period.
How can I get updates from the Town, Health Unit, Province and Federal Government?
What financial relief is the Town offering to residents?
Property Tax and Water/Wastewater Utility Bills
A complete explanation of the financial relief can be found in the
Highlights of the March 26 Special Meeting, or you can watch video of the meeting on YouTube.
Property tax due dates have been extended by 60 days for each remaining payment in 2020. This applies to both pre-authorized payment methods and manual payments.
- An additional 30 days grace is available if needed for the second instalment -- no penalties or interest if paid by July 27.
- There is a 90-day grace period on payments of
water/wastewater utility bills. No withdrawals of pre-authorized payments and no penalties or interest until July 16.
If you DO NOT want your pre-authorized payments of property tax and/or utility bills to be deferred, please
contact us by email or by phone to 905-775-5303 ext.6030.
How is the Town of BWG supporting local business?
- We are coordinating the efforts of local business support agencies. Visit this page for information on how we may be able to help your business.
- We have developed a directory of local businesses that are still open to provide essential services.