Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is working to protect the health and safety of our community during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
This page is constantly being updated. Please check below and at right for information and links to helpful resources.
Select a topic for more information:
What is the STATUS of programs and services at the Town of BWG?
The Town of BWG has
declared an emergency.
All essential services continue to be provided including water, wastewater, road maintenance and more. The
County of Simcoe continues to provide uninterrupted waste collection service.
- All administration offices are closed until further notice.
Virtual services (phone or online) are being provided wherever possible. Staff are working from home, so you may be required to leave a message and receive a call back.
Recreation Programs and Facilities
Council and Committee Meetings
- The Fire Hall is closed to the public.
- The burn ban has now been lifted - holders of valid 2020 permits for agricultural burning and wood-burning appliances may now use them. No new permits are being issued at this time, as they must be applied for in person and the Fire Hall is closed to the public.
BWG Transit bus service is available
on demand only.
BWG Transit and Taxi-to-GO are free until further notice.
How can I get the latest NEWS & UPDATES from the Town?
Links to updates from other levels of government and health officials are available from the sidebar at right.
What support is available for RESIDENTS?
In addition to the items below, you can call 2-1-1 or visit
www.211Ontario.ca to ask about support that may be available to you.
Property tax due dates have been extended by 60 days for each remaining payment in 2020. This applies to both pre-authorized payment methods and manual payments.
- An additional 30 days grace is available if needed for the second instalment -- no penalties or interest if paid by July 27.
- There is a 90-day grace period on payments of
water/wastewater utility bills. No withdrawals of pre-authorized payments and no penalties or interest until July 16.
If you DO NOT want your pre-authorized payments of property tax and/or utility bills to be deferred, please
contact us by email or by phone to 905-775-5303 ext.6030.
Sign Licence Renewals - An additional 60 days' grace period has been extended to businesses whose sign licence renewal fee is due.
Visit our directory of local businesses to find out what stores and restaurants are offering delivery, online ordering and other services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What support is available for BUSINESSES?