Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is working to protect the health and safety of our community during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Municipal administration offices are now open regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
Click for details.
This page is constantly being updated. Please check below and at right for information and links to helpful resources.
Select a topic for more information:
What is the STATUS of programs and services at the Town of BWG?
The Town of BWG has
declared an emergency.
All essential services continue to be provided including water, wastewater, road maintenance and more. The
County of Simcoe continues to provide uninterrupted waste collection service.
- Administration offices are now open regular hours (Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.).
Click for details.
Virtual services (phone or online) will continue to be provided and residents are encouraged to use these wherever possible.
- Fewer staff than normal will be in our buildings at any one time so residents are encouraged to
call ahead and
make an appointment.
- Face coverings are required and physical distancing and maximum capacities for indoor spaces must be observed.
Recreation Programs and Facilities
- All outdoor amenities including playgrounds and basketball courts are now open. Surfaces are not sanitized. Please read and respect any posted rules.
All recreational facilities and community centres remain closed to the public at this time, including the BWG Leisure Centre. Staff are reviewing details of the province’s Stage 3 reopening guidelines as well as working with the health unit on reopening timelines and protocols. Council will review recommendations at their August 4 meeting. Online and outdoor programming is now available.
The BWG Public Library will continue to offer online programming and curbside pickup while its staff and Board review Stage 3 protocols and develop procedures and timelines for reopening.
- Fitness memberships have been placed on hold.
Council and Committee Meetings
- Regular Council meetings will continue to be held via videoconference until further notice.
Find out how to watch and participate.
- Some Advisory Committee Meetings have resumed and will be held by videoconference. Click the link above for details on participation.
BWG Transit bus service is available
on demand only.
BWG Transit and Taxi-to-GO are free until further notice.
How can I get the latest NEWS & UPDATES from the Town?
Links to updates from other levels of government and health officials are available from the sidebar at right.
What support is available for RESIDENTS?
In addition to the items below, you can call 2-1-1 or visit
www.211Ontario.ca to ask about support that may be available to you.
Property tax due dates have been extended by 60 days for each remaining payment in 2020. This applies to both pre-authorized payment methods and manual payments.
- An additional 30 days grace is available if needed for the second instalment -- no penalties or interest if paid by July 27.
- There is a 90-day grace period on payments of
water/wastewater utility bills. No withdrawals of pre-authorized payments and no penalties or interest until July 16.
If you DO NOT want your pre-authorized payments of property tax and/or utility bills to be deferred, please
contact us by email or by phone to 905-775-5303 ext.6030.
Sign Licence Renewals - An additional 60 days' grace period has been extended to businesses whose sign licence renewal fee is due.
Visit our directory of local businesses to find out what stores and restaurants are offering delivery, online ordering and other services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What support is available for BUSINESSES?