Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is working to protect the health and safety of our community during the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Provincewide Shutdown: December 26 through January 23
Town of BWG offices and the BWG Leisure Centre will be closed to the public for the duration of the provincewide shutdown. Most administrative staff will be working from home, so in-person meetings will be conducted only as needed and on an appointment basis. We would be pleased to provide virtual services by phone or email.
Select a topic for more information:
What is the STATUS of programs and services at the Town of BWG?
The Town of BWG has declared an emergency. Please see below for specific service impacts.
- Administration offices will be closed for the duration of the shutdown, currently expected to run until January 23, 2021.
- NO DROP-INS will be allowed during this time. Appointments can be made if in-person service is necessary.
Virtual services (phone or online) will be available and residents are encouraged to use these wherever possible.
Recreation Programs and Facilities
BWG Library is offering
curbside pick-up and online programming during the provincial shutdown.
BWG Leisure Centre is closed during the provincial shutdown and no in-person programming will be taking place (including
Aquatic Leadership, Swimming lessons, Personal Training and drop-in activities). Please stay tuned to our social media platforms for virtual programming in January.
- All Fitness Memberships will automatically be placed on hold for the duration of the closure. Those who would like to request a refund can email
- Curbside pick-up for Camp in a Backpack and Creativity Kits will take place during Customer Service hours of operation (see below).
- If you have any questions, please reach out to the Customer Service desk via phone or email at 905-775-7529 ext. 6007 or
Customer Services Hours are Monday-Friday 8:30 am-4:30 pm.
Council and Committee Meetings
BWG Transit bus service is available
on demand only.
- Transit will be free for the duration of the shutdown.
How can I get the latest NEWS & UPDATES from the Town?
Links to updates from other levels of government and health officials are available from the sidebar at right.
What support is available for RESIDENTS?
In addition to the items below, you can call 2-1-1 or visit
www.211Ontario.ca to ask about support that may be available to you.
Property tax due dates have been extended by 60 days for each remaining payment in 2020. This applies to both pre-authorized payment methods and manual payments.
- An additional 30 days grace is available if needed for the second instalment -- no penalties or interest if paid by July 27.
- There is a 90-day grace period on payments of
water/wastewater utility bills. No withdrawals of pre-authorized payments and no penalties or interest until July 16.
If you DO NOT want your pre-authorized payments of property tax and/or utility bills to be deferred, please
contact us by email or by phone to 905-775-5303 ext.6030.
Sign Licence Renewals - An additional 60 days' grace period has been extended to businesses whose sign licence renewal fee is due.
Visit our directory of local businesses to find out what stores and restaurants are offering delivery, online ordering and other services during the COVID-19 pandemic.
What support is available for BUSINESSES?