Council's Strategic Plan 2019-2022
A complete and healthy community where there are opportunities for everyone to contribute and to benefit.
Striving for service excellence to create and facilitate opportunities to support the ambitions of residents and businesses in an effective and efficient manner.
Council have established the following key strategic priorities for the current term of office:
- Reduce Congestion: continue to implore the provincial government to construct the Hwy 400 – 404 Freeway Link; develop a new Transportation Master Plan that updates the town’s long term transportation strategy.
- Employment Growth: continue to work with the Simcoe County Economic Development Office, local employers, major landowners and other stakeholders to champion BWG as a prime location for business expansion and new employers.
- Community & Traffic Safety: further explore and implement traffic calming measures within neighbourhoods and expand education & awareness programs for driver safety.
- Facilities Master Plan: refine plans for the Bradford Community Centre and other underutilized town properties/facilities.
- Housing Affordability: pursue opportunities for the delivery of affordable housing with the development community, Simcoe County and other stakeholders.
A draft implementation plan to achieve these goals was approved by Committee of the Whole on April 16, 2019. The plan will remain in draft form until approved by Council at a future meeting.Click here to view the draft staff report and plan.