Some committees are mandated to be in operation every year, while others are created by Town of BWG Council to run concurrent to the four-year term of office. Advisory committees provide recommendations, advice and information to Council, and carry out assigned responsibilities.
Membership (5 public): Bruce Davis, Gabriele De Rosa, Aysha Imtiaz, John Patsalides, Roger Sorenson
Accessibility Advisory Committee
Mission: The Accessibility Advisory Committee is established to:
Provide advice and comments to Council and staff regarding the Town’s accessibility Plan
Respond to Council’s requests for advice with respect to accessibility in Town services
Ensure the standards of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 are being met
Review plans for development under Section 41 of the Planning Act with respect to accessibility issues and advise of any concerns
Champion accessibility within the community
Membership (2 council, 5 public): James Leduc, Mark Contois, Andrew Belanger, Herbert Madden, Tracy Doncses, Wendy Williams Gordon, Tina Martins-Morrison
Committee of Adjustment
Please visit the Committee of Adjustment page for details.
Mission: The Downtown Revitalization Committee is established to:
Provide input to staff in the development of policies to promote the revitalization of the
- Provide leadership and vision for a renewed downtown
- Identify opportunities and develop community-wide partnerships
- Pursue key initiatives that will act as catalysts for downtown revitalization
- Support and enhance opportunities for existing and new businesses within the downtown area
- Develop and recommend annual business plans to support the implementation strategy of the Downtown Revitalization Report.
Membership (3 council, 6 public):
Councillor Gary Baynes, Councillor Mark Contois, Councillor Peter Dykie, Ryan Charron, Cor Den Bleker, Stephen Dykie, Mandeep (Manny) Karwal, Brian Baker, one member of the Bradford Board of Trade TBD
Economic Development Advisory Committee
Mission: The Economic Development Advisory Group is established to provide a forum for local economic development discussions that will support and enhance the Town’s economic development programs.
The overarching goals of the Economic Development Advisory Group are to:
- assist with the implementation of the strategic plan by streamlining economic development activity by prioritizing certain functions over others;
- strategically position Bradford West Gwillimbury within the marketplace to attract new investment, retain and expand local investment; and,
- foster an environment of prosperity and opportunity for the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, its municipal partners, residents, and businesses.
Membership (3 council, 6 public): Deputy Mayor James Leduc, Councillor Gary Baynes, Councillor Raj Sandhu, Grant Pretorius, Glen McAdams, Ben Verkaik, Gary Brickell, David Dias, one member of the Bradford Board of Trade TBD
Healthy Communities Committee
Mission: The Healthy Communities Advisory Committee is established to advise Council on ways to utilize and promote a healthier community. This will be done by identifying opportunities for the creation or improvement of trails, sidewalks, parks and other public green spaces. The Committee will also advise on environmental improvements such as anti-idling, eat local initiatives and water quality.
Membership (2 council, 7 public): Councillor Peter Ferragine, Deputy Mayor James Leduc, Cyndie Pasquarella, Ed Gres, Margie Kneeshaw, Gwen Cottingham, Angelo Colacci, Mira Shnablel, Jelena Baker
Mission: The Heritage Committee is established to:
- Promote public participation in heritage matters through public education, public relations and public participation
- Provide advice respecting heritage preservation within the municipality to Council
- Identify buildings, structures and land that are of historical or cultural significant to the municipality and recommend their designation to Council
- In performing the above duties, conduct site investigations and undertake research in accordance with the provisions of the Ontario Heritage Act.
Membership (2 council, 5 public): Mayor Rob Keffer, Councillor Ron Orr, Mary Ellen Slykhuis, Ian Cooper, Lisa Hawkins, Roger Sorenson, Tracy McCann
Holland Marsh Drainage System Joint Municipal Services Board