BWG Community Clean-up takes place every spring to clear litter and debris from public spaces in town.
Date: Sunday, April 17-Saturday, April 23, 2022
This year, Community Clean-up will take place over a week. Residents will be able to pick-up 'Clean-up Kits' and clean-up in their own neighborhoods and at their chosen time during Community Clean-up Week.
Clean-up Kits will include:
- garbage bags
- hand sanitizer
- clean-up instructions & safety tips
Clean-up Kits will be available on a first come first serve basis (no registration required). Pick-up will be at the BWG Leisure Centre (471 West Park Ave.), starting Wednesday, April 13, while supplies last.
- Choose a public park, greenspace or trail in BWG to clean.
- Protect yourself and others - please follow the safety tips listed below.
- Place garbage in the coloured bags provided.
- When you are finished, leave your garbage bags by the permanent garbage bins in the park where they can be picked up by Town staff.
- Email email@example.com to let us know what area you cleaned and where you left your garbage bags.
- High school students can earn up to 3 volunteer hours for participating in the cleanup. In your follow-up email after the cleanup, please indicate the first and last names of the students participating, as well as date, time and location. Volunteer forms may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org for approval.
- We would love to see your before and after photos and videos. Please show us by tagging @townofBWG and use the hashtag #BWGCommunityCleanUp.
Clean-up Safety & Tips
- You can clean at whatever time you choose during the week (April 17-23, 2022), please use your discretion when choosing a day, time and location to ensure your safety. Please do not go outside to clean in inclement weather such as thunder/lightning, high winds etc.
- Please stay off private property.
- Please avoid potential dangers such as railway tracks, rivers, river banks and road ways.
- Please do not pick up dangerous objects such as broken glass, needles, sharp objects or dead animals. If you come across any of these items please leave them where you found them and email email@example.com with their location so they can be disposed of safely.
- All children participating under the age of 12 should be supervised by an adult.
- Ensure you wear gloves while picking up waste.
- Avoiding touching your face at all times.
- When you are finished cleaning, dispose of your gloves in the garbage bag provided and immediately wash or sanitize your hands. It would be a good idea to bring hand sanitizer with you and then wash your hands when you return home.
- Please follow social distancing guidelines and maintain 2 metres from others. Please only clean-up with your household.
Thank you to Sweet B's Bakery, Firehouse Subs and Perfect SZN Bradford for supporting this initiative and providing coupons for the kits.
Thank you to the Bradford Lions for supporting
Community Clean-up Week!