Drinking Water Quality Management Standard
BWG has implemented a Quality Management System (QMS) for its drinking water system. This ensures policies and procedures are in place to effectively manage its drinking water operations.
BWG’s QMS has been developed based on the Ministry of the Environment and Climate Change’s Drinking Water Quality Management Standard (DWQMS), a management system established to ensure that municipal residential drinking water systems in Ontario are managed to provide high quality drinking water.
After successful implementation and development of the QMS, BWG was awarded Full Scope DWQMS Accreditation. This is a testament to our commitment to provide safe drinking water to our residents.
The Quality Management System Policy shall serve as the foundation for the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury’s Drinking Water Quality Management System.
The Town is committed to:
- Effectively establishing, maintaining, and continually improving its Quality Management System.
- Minimizing and managing any potential risks to the drinking water.
- Taking a proactive approach to meet or exceed applicable drinking water legislation, regulations, and standards.
- Providing safe drinking water at all times by managing water quality from source to consumer.
- Undertaking proactive preventative maintenance in a culture of continuous improvement.