Rinks are now open for the 2020 winter season, conditions permitting.
PLEASE NOTE: Skating on the rinks during mild weather or during the pre-season prep period can damage the ice and pose a safety hazard to users. Please stay off the ice until open for the season, and avoid any areas indicated by pylons.
Outdoor rinks operate seasonally at the following locations (click links for Google maps):
Rinks are unsupervised and must be used at your own risk. Please observe the following:
- SAFETY FIRST. Be considerate of others.
- Parents/guardians are responsible for the adequate care, protection and supervision of their children.
- The use of helmets is recommended.
- No hockey sticks or pucks on the east rinks.
- Alcohol and smoking are not permitted on Town property.
- Animals are not allowed on the ice surface.
- Lights at Bud Brown Park are user-operated using the button on the green box at the northeast corner of the parking lot. Light operation is possible only from 5-11 p.m.
- Lights at Lions Park are on a timer and come on at dusk, turning off automatically around 11 pm.
- Always follow any directions given by Town of BWG Leisure Services staff.