Virtual Town Hall
The Town of BWG's Virtual Town Hall allows property owners to view your property tax and utility accounts 24/7. Visit the Virtual Town Hall by going to eservices/townofbwg.com/vth or by selecting the Tax & Utility Bills button located on the right-side menu on any page in the Finance section or on the Homepage or our website.
Select a topic below to learn more:
What does Virtual Town Hall offer?
See property tax and utility account balances and transactions dating back to 2016 (or when you took ownership if it occurred after 2016).
- View utility bills dating back to 2016.
- Enroll in e-billing for utility bills.
(E-billing for property tax bills will be available in 2019!)
- Make payments towards property taxes, utility bills or accounts receivable.
- View your mailing address on file.
(to make changes, you must either complete a change form or contact us by email)
- View MPAC assessment values for the property, which are used to calculate your annual taxes. (Assessment values are updated in February of each year.
What are the 2018 property tax due dates?
At this time, the due dates for tax payments are not shown on Virtual Town Hall on the Balance/Transaction page.
Here are the due dates for the 2018 instalments shown on Virtual Town Hall:
Residential & Farm Properties
Annual Levy 2018-1 (Final bill 1st instalment): due June 27, 2018
Annual Levy 2018-2 (Final bill 2nd instalment): due September 26, 2018
Commercial, Industrial & Mixed Properties
Annual Levy 2018-1 (Final bill 1st instalment): due August 29, 2018
Annual Levy 2018-2 (Final bill 2nd instalment): due October 29, 2018
The two instalments for the interim levies for both types of billing were due on February 26 and April 26.
How do I make changes to my property tax or utility accounts?
To update your mailing address, enroll in a pre-authorized payment plan, cancel an existing payment plan or change your banking information, select the correct form from the menu at right to make the change.
- Pre-authorized payment plan information appears in Virtual Town Hall under only one owner, even if multiple people co-own the property.
- If you own multiple properties and not all appear in your Virtual Town Hall, please
contact us by email to have it corrected.
Can I register for paperless billing?
Paperless billing is already available for utility bills, and this will continue to be an option with the move to Virtual Town Hall.
NEW FOR 2019: Go paperless with property tax e-billing!
Email us today to sign up for electronic delivery of your property tax bill and you'll be ready to go paperless as soon as this option becomes available in 2019. Please provide your tax roll number, municipal address and email address in the body of your message.
- By signing up for e-billing you will no longer receive bills via Canada Post mail delivery
- Our system retains only one email address per customer account.
How do I set up my account with Virtual Town Hall?
- Click on any of the three “SIGN IN” links on the page
- First time users, click “Activate your account with us" near the bottom of the page. Follow the prompts to set up the account. You will require a copy of your property tax bill, arrears notice or tax statement to find the required information.
- Fill in the information required, answer the question posed by the CAPTCHA security feature, then press next.
Note: Our system retains only one email address per customer account. If you sign up for Virtual Town Hall using a different email address than we currently have on file, then this will overwrite any previous email addresses you have supplied (such as if you currently receive utility e-bills).
- On the next screen, provide additional information as required. You will require your property tax bill, statement or arrears notice to set up the account. Press next.
- An email will be sent to the email address you used to activate the account. You will have to click on the link to activate the account. At that point you will be able to log in to Virtual Town Hall.
- Log in using the user name and password you created. User name and passwords are case sensitive.
Problems activating your account?
If you have problems activating your account or logging in please
click to email us. When contacting us through email please ensure you are using an email address containing the full name of one of the property owners. We cannot release any private information if the Town cannot approve the email address being used.
In the email include your:
- Roll number
- Property address
- Owner’s names
- Email address being used and your user name (or preferred user name).
We will try our best to respond to your email within one business day or less.
Is there a service fee for paying on Virtual Town Hall by credit card?
Virtual Town Hall charges a service fee, which is subject to change based on the prevailing rate. The service charge will be shown before a resident is asked to submit payment.
Currently the following credit cards are accepted: Visa, Mastercard and Amex.