Financial Services is responsible for financial matters, property taxes, assessment rolls, supply and services, purchasing, insurance claims, accounts receivable, accounts payable and insurance.
We provide financial services to Council, the public and Town departments. Some of the Finance department's key responsibilities include:
- providing information, reports, analysis and guidance to Council, the public and Town departments regarding financial operations of the Town
- establishing, developing and maintaining accounting systems and procedures relating to financial activities for Town operations
- preparation of the Town's operating and capital budgets
- billing and collection of municipal taxes
- preparing the Town's annual financial statements