Eligible charitable, religious and non-profit organizations may be licensed to conduct lotteries.
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury licences:
- Raffles with prizes up to $50,000
- Break-open tickets
- Lottery events at a bazaar
- Bingos with a prize board up to $5,500
All other types of lottery licences are issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO).
Your organization may be eligible for a lottery licence if it:
- Has been in existence for at least one year
- Has provided charitable community services consistent with the goals and activities of the organization for at least one year in Bradford West Gwillimbury
- Proposes to use the proceeds for charitable programs and services that benefit Bradford West Gwillimbury and its residents
- Assumes full responsibility for the conduct and management of the lottery event
Types of Licences
A raffle is a lottery where tickets are sold for a chance to win a prize at a draw.
Break Open Tickets
Break open tickets are instant win tickets. The Town licenses organizations to sell Break Open Tickets at legions and variety stores.
Lottery Events at a Bazaar
A bazaar is an event where goods are sold and gaming events take place, such as raffles, bingos and wheels of fortune.
The lottery licence fee is 3% of the total prize value for all lotteries and is payable to the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury.