We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Bradford West Gwillimbury

Skip Navigation LinksBradford West Gwillimbury > Liquor Licensing

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​Liquor Licences

Liquor Licences are issued by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario (AGCO). Some types of licences require municipal notice and/or clearance. Please select a type of licence from the list below for further information.

If you have any questions or concerns related to Liquor Licensing, please visit www.agco.on.ca.​

Special Occasion Permit

A Special Occasion Permit (SOP) is required for the sale and service of alcohol at special occasions. There are three different types of SOPs:

  • ​Private Events​
  • Public Events
  • Industry Promotional Events

Please review the AGCO Application for a Special Occasion Permit​ for further information on SOP's.

Liquor Sales Licence

A liquor sales licence is issued for the sale and service of beverage alcohol in licensed areas where light meals are available. There is no restriction on the type of businesses that may apply for a liquor sales licence.

This licence is issued by the AGCO; however, approvals must be received from the Town of BWG and other agencies. The applicant is required to submit a Municipal Information Form. Once received, the Town will forward the Municipal Information Form to all internal and external agencies to start the approval process.

Please review the AGCO Liquor Sales Licence Application prior to beginning the licensing process.

When applying for a Liquor Sales Licence you will be required to submit the following:

  1. ​Completed Municipal Information Form​
  2. Floor plan showing entrances/exits, tables, chairs, washrooms and dimensions of floor area dedicated to public use (Floor Plan Guide)
  3. Payment of the prescribed fee

Approval letter​​s​ are required from agencies listed below. Once received, the application will be forwarded to the AGCO for approval.

  1. ​Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit (705-458-1103)
  2. BWG Fire & Emergency Services (905-775-7311)
  3. BWG Building Department (905-775-5369)

The fee for the Liquor Sales License is $465. 

Please make an appointment with the Licensing Officer if you have questions or concerns, or to submit your application.