We will no longer be supporting IE7 and below as a web browser effective June 1st 2020. Click here for more information.

Sign In

Bradford West Gwillimbury

Skip Navigation LinksBradford West Gwillimbury > COVID-19 Enforcement

​​​​Enforcement and COVID-19

For a quick reference list, please see the sidebar. See below for answers to commonly asked questions about municipal property and enforcement.

Q: Can I use Town parks and sports fields?

A: Town parkland or “green space”, as well as trails and bike paths, may be used as long as:

  • ​there are no groups of more than 5 people (unless they all live in the same household - large families can expect to be approached for confirmation when using parks)
  • dogs must be on leash at all times
    • ​tennis cour​ts, pickleball courts, skate parks, soccer fields and baseball diamonds are re-opened for casual recreation only (no team play)
    • benches and picnic tables may be used 
    • all amenities are to be used at your own risk - surfaces are not sanitized
    • still closed: basketball courts, playground equipment, water-play areas, outdoor fitness equipment, public washrooms and field houses


    (PLEASE NOTE: Scanlon Creek Conservation Area is the property of the Lake Simcoe Conservation Authority.)

Q: Who do I call to report someone who is violating these rules?

A: Contact Town of BWG By-law Enforcement at 905-775-5366 ext. 1701 for any of these infractions:

  • people using park amenities or sports/community areas that are closed as described above
  • groups of more than 5 people (who do not live in the same household) gathering in either public or private spaces (includes parks, homes, yards, sidewalks, churches, clubs, etc.)

    There are some key exceptions:

  • up to 10 people are permitted to attend a funeral
  • shopping in stores, working at essential businesses and a few other specific activities are not considered gatherings so the limit of people does not apply; however, physical distancing should still be observed and stores and workplaces may choose to set limits on the number of people allowed inside at one time

Q: If I break one of these rules, what might happen?

A: Municipal By-law Enforcement Officers have been given the authority to demand proof of identification/address and issue tickets.

Q: Can I report someone for not social/physical distancing?

A: Failure to maintain physical distancing of at least 2 metres between people who do not live in the same households is extremely unsafe, but it is not illegal at this time and therefore cannot be enforced. Everyone should use physical distancing because it is the right thing to do to protect yourself and others from the spread of COVID-19, even if it is not required by law.

​Q: Can people ride in a car together?

A: Since it is not possible to be more than 2 metres from all other passengers in a private vehicle, only people in the same household should ride together; however, this falls under the physical distancing guideline, and so riding in a car with other people is not against the law unless more than 5 people are in the vehicle. Public transit may still be used as long as passengers follow any regulations set out by the transit operator.

Q: Who do I call to report a person who came back from travel and is not self-isolating (i.e. is leaving their home for ANY reason)?

A: Contact the Simcoe Muskoka Health Unit at 1-877-721-7520.