South Innisfil Creek Drain
An engineering report on the South Innisfil Creek Drain 2019 Improvement project is available for public review via the Town of Innisfil website. The report includes estimated assessments to some properties within BWG, including roads.
Click here to visit the project webpage and view the report.
The report is extremely lengthy - if you wish to view a printed copy, you may do so by visiting any of the following Town of BWG office locations during the office hours of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.:
- 100 Dissette St., Units 7&8
- 3541 Line 11
- 61 Holland St. E
305 Barrie St., Unit 2
A meeting of Innisfil Town Council will be held to consider the report on Wednesday, February 27, 2019 at 7 p.m. in the Innisfil Town Hall Chambers at 2101 Innisfil Beach Road.
Activities at the meeting to consider the report:
- Usually the engineer will present a summary of the report to Council.
- Council must decide whether or not to proceed with the project provisionally adopting the engineer’s report by by-law; they also have the option to refer the report back to the engineer for modifications.
- All property owners affected by the drain will have the opportunity to influence Council’s decision.
- There is no right to appeal assessments or other aspects of the engineer’s report at this meeting; these appeals rights will be made available later in the procedure.
Drainage Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. D. 17, s. 47-54.
Once the report has received provisional by-law, within 30 days a notice of the Court of Revision will be sent out for those landowners who wish to appeal their assessment. Innisfil will notify the landowners of this date and any appeals must be submitted to the Town of Innisfil by 10 days prior to the Court of Revision.