PROCLAMATION: St. John Ambulance Week
June 21-27, 2021
2021 represents the 80th anniversary of the establishment of the Barrie Simcoe Muskoka Branch of St. John Ambulance; and
The Barrie Simcoe Muskoka Branch of St. John Ambulance has been serving the community since 1941 and fulfilling their mission to enable Canadians to improve their health, safety and quality of life by providing training and community service; and
This branch supports six volunteer community service groups, including two Medical First Response Units, two Therapy Dog units, one Youth unit and one Car Seat Safety Team; and
Last year, as possible during the pandemic, the 181 volunteers of the Branch provided the community with approximately 11,750 hours of volunteer services, including:
- Attending 23 events and treating 7 casualties;
- Completing 2,074 in-person and virtual therapy dog visits to 70 facilities;
- Providing leadership training to 11 youth volunteers;
- Educating 79 parents and caregivers on the proper way to install car seats; and
- Training 200 residents in a free mass CPR course.
THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED:
That His Worship Mayor Rob Keffer and Members of Council proclaim June 21-27, 2021 as St. John Ambulance Week in the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury.