Serve your community by volunteering on a committee!
Volunteers sought for new Anti-Racism Advisory Committee
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is seeking applications from residents who are interested in contributing to their community by serving on the Anti-Racism Advisory Committee for the remainder of the 2018-2022 term of Council. Applicants must be 18 years of age and a current resident of Bradford West Gwillimbury.
The Anti-Racism Advisory Committee provides a forum for stakeholders in our community to share their views and experiences in advising Council on the development, implementation and monitoring of Town policies, programs and initiatives that support anti-racism efforts in the municipality and beyond.
The general activities of the committee would include:
- Make recommendations to Council on implementation of the BWG Diversity & Inclusiveness Action Plan.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the BWG Diversity & Inclusiveness Action Plan and make recommendations on any necessary adjustments and revisions to the plan.
- Assist in identifying and building relationships with stakeholders and influencers within the Town’s Black and racialized communities in order to strengthen the Town’s communication, engagement and networking efforts with those communities.
- Provide Council with advice on any relevant matter affecting local Black and racialized communities.
- Advise Council or receive direction from Council on other topics aligning with the mandate of the Committee.
Residents interested in applying for the committee should submit a letter of interest or resume outlining their lived experiences and why they are interested in serving on the committee, highlighting any work-related community service projects or other volunteer activities they have been involved with.
Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m. on August 31, 2021. Please submit to:
Tara Reynolds, Deputy Clerk
- by email to: email@example.com
- by mail to: P.O. Box 100, Bradford, ON, L3Z 2A7
- or deliver in person to the Town Administration Office at 100 Dissette St., Units 7&8, during office hours of Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.