Road Repair Work
Work will be taking place to repair the existing road surface at the following locations:
- Line 12 – Sideroad 20 to County Road 4
- Line 11 – from Sideroad 10, west to the Town limit
- Canal Road – from Line 5 to approximately 1km west
- Canal Road – from Simcoe Road to approximately 1.8km east
- Sideroad 10 – from Nottingham Forest Drive to Line 5
- Line 4 – Sideroad 5 to County Road 27
The Contractor is scheduled to begin the work on June 1st, weather permitting. The entire project is expected to take approximately two weeks to complete once work begins.
The work involves sweeping the existing roadway and the placement of a new micro-surfaced wear course. Micro-surfacing is a blend of aggregates and asphalt emulsions which repairs rutting and provides a new road surface.
HOW YOU MAY BE AFFECTED:
Vehicular traffic may be temporarily delayed during the work, and access to residential driveways may be temporarily obstructed until the material cures. Garbage collection and school bus pick-up and drop off will not be impacted by the proposed works.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joe Costanza, C.Tech., rcji, CRS
Senior Engineering Technologist
Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
905-775-5369, ext. 2105