Road Crack Repair
Work will be taking place to repair cracks in the existing road surface at the following locations:
- Southfield Heights Subdivision - Adams St, Aishford Rd, Eve Ct, Metcalfe Dr, Orville Hand Ct, Pace Cr, Saint Ave, Southfield Gt, Sutherland Ave, Taylor Ct
- Brookfield Subdivision - Aishford Rd, Booth St, Bradford St, Fairside Dr, Faris St, Gwillimbury Dr, Milligan St, Outlook Ave, Rutherford Rd, Trailside Dr, Vista Dr, West Park Ave
- Britannia Avenue - Barrie St to Colbourne St
- Barrie Street - John Street (Post Office) to Line 8
- Simcoe Road - at Marshview that was resurfaced (just north of intersection to approx. #186)
- Colborne Street - John Street East to Line 8
The Contractor is scheduled to begin the work on Monday, May 3, weather permitting. It is expected that the entire project will take approximately two weeks to complete once work begins.
Work will include routing the existing cracks to ensure they are wide enough to receive the sealant, sweeping the road of dust and debris and filling the cracks with liquid rubber sealant.
HOW YOU MAY BE AFFECTED:
Lane restrictions will be in place during the crack sealing work and some delays to the normal flow of traffic can be expected while work is being done. Residents living on these sections of roadway will still have access to their driveways. Some minor dust may be present during routing and sweeping operations along with an increase in noise levels resulting from the use of routing and crack sealing equipment.
We apologize for any inconvenience you may experience during this time.
FOR MORE INFORMATION CONTACT:
Joe Costanza, C.Tech., rcji, CRS
Senior Engineering Technologist
Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury
905-775-5369, ext. 2105