Servicing for Official Plan Amendment 15 & 16 Lands
This project is to construct roads and install sewers and watermains to prepare the “employment lands” located in the area of Highway 400 between County Road 88 and Line 5 for new development, and to service the community of Bond Head. This is referred to as the OPA 15/16 Linear Works Project.
The project also includes two pumping stations to serve the employment lands and the Bond Head area.
(click thumbnail at right for larger image)
Project Status & Update:
(includes 10.2km of forcemains, 3.8km of watermains, 4.2km of sewers, 5.4km of roads)
- construction underway, micro-tunneling complete
- watermain and
sewer between Sideroad 5 and Highway 400 nearing completion
- utility relocations complete
- road construction on Line 6 is ongoing
Employment Land Pumping Station
- construction well underway including walls and floors being poured
Bond Head Pumping Station
- tender for construction to go out as soon as all land acquired
construction anticipated to begin in summer 2017; substantial completion by 2019
- Construction: Jeviso Construction Corporation
Contract Administration and Construction Inspection: MMM Group
Project Initiation (Design)||2014|
Project Design Completion||2016|
The Ontario Municipal Board approved two Official Plan Amendments (OPAs) in the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury:
- OPA 15 designates Employment Land uses along both sides of the Highway 400 corridor between Line 4 and Line 9;
- OPA 16 designates a Secondary Plan for the community of Bond Head.