List of Applicable Law
Resulting from recent changes to the Building Code the definition of applicable law has been replaced with a list of statutes and regulations. Building permit applicants must establish compliance with applicable law at the time of permit application submission.
Agriculture & Food
- Nutrient Management Act 2002 s. 11: Farm buildings housing animals or animal manure
- Milk Act s.14: Buildings used as milk processing plant.
- Charitable Institutions Act s. 5: Where building is used for charitable institution.
Child Care Centres
- Day Nurseries Acts.5: Where a building is used for a daycare.
- Environmental Assessment Act s.5: major I/ C/ I projects.
- MOE Certificate of Approval Environmental Protection Act s.9: where building may discharge contaminants.
- Brownfield Redevelopment Environmental Protection Act s. 168: where industrial or commercial property changed to residential or parkland use.
- Former Landfills, Environmental Protection Act s.46: where building on former waste disposal site.
- Funeral Directors and Establishments Act s.9: where building houses a funeral establishment.
- Public Transportation & Highway Improvement Act s. 34/38: permit form Minister for construction projects located within 45 meters of King's highway.
- Public Hospitals Act s.4: New hospitals and facilities or additions to existing hospitals.
- Private Hospitals Act s. 22: where house is used as a private hospital.
Public Lands Development
- Work Permit, Public Lands Act s. Ont. Reg. 453/96: Construction of a building on Public Lands.
- Nursing Home Licensing, Nursing Homes Act s. 4 & 5: construction, alteration or conversion of building to a nursing home.
- Retirement Homes, Homes for the Aged & Rest Homes Act s.14 & Elderly Persons Centres Act s.6: Where building used as a home for the aged.