Brazel (Brazil/Brazill) House (c. 1845) - 4370 Line 7 - Designated By-law 1983-65, November 14, 1983|
This home was built about 1845 by
Irish settler Patrick Brazel (Brazil, Brazill). The design and floor plan are similar to other inns. The five-over-five bay front solid brick house retains the fine architectural detail from the mid-19th Century with Upper Canadian craftsmanship. Some of the specific interior features and detailing are: doors and window sashes, door and window architecture and staircase. Over the years, it served as a farmhouse, doctors’ offices, inn, nursing home and is now a residence.
|Cerswell House (c. 1840) - 4508 Line 7 - Designated By-law 1986-47, August 20, 1986|
The Cerswell House was built in the early 1840s by John Cerswell, a sawmill owner who used his skills to create superior quality woodwork throughout the home.
The all brick building was originally a farmhouse and is considered to be one of the best examples of 19th Century Georgian architecture in the area. Other special interior features are the original ballroom mantle and fireboard, parlour fireplace mantel, window sashes with glass and hardware, and post and peg staircase. Another brick building, known as the West Wing, predates the main building. It had its own fireplace and it was considered to be a meeting place for the settlers.
Old Bradford High School (1923) - 28 Queen Street - Designated By-law 2013-54, May 7, 2013|
The Old Bradford High School's heritage value lies in its strong association with the local community and school board. Many of the area's leading business people, politicians and professionals were graduates of the school. The school is an excellent example of the Classical Revival Style; it is unique within the town and region for the period, scale and execution. The untouched broad front lawn has retained the Old Bradford High School as a landmark. The largely unaltered Greek classical revival building is unique within Simcoe County, and features attributes such as a grand staircase with iron railing, colonnade of Doric column pilasters and tall "Venetian" windows in panelled bays between column pilasters.
Bradford Town Hall (c. 1862) - 61 Holland Street E - Designated By-law 2014-74, August 18, 2014|
The Bradford Town Hall has served a multitude of public roles including municipal administration offices, public school and community hall. The Town Hall was one of the few buildings in downtown Bradford that survived the fire of 1871, and for over 150 years has served generations of political decision-makers that have shaped the town’s history. The two-storey building features the “classical revival” architectural style, with a symmetrical facade and simplified temple form.
Elliot-Watters Log House (1834) - 3762 Line 12 - Designated By-law 2007-150, December 11, 2007|
Built by Francis Elliott on land purchased from the Canada Company in 1834, this is one of the very few and best preserved log houses in Simcoe County. Typical of this once common form, it is a simple 28 x 20 foot box in dimension, with end gables, fireplace, front door and usual openings. The building is in excellent condition, with original door and window openings and the original field stone foundation. It also features exposed 2nd floor joists showing beaded floorboards, first floor framing, including round log joists lapped into log sills, the original second floor plan with four bedrooms, the original beaded and battened back door with cast butt hinges.
|Parker-Burbidge House (c. 1830) - 3172 Line 8 - Designated By-law 2010-067, August 10, 2010|
This is a Georgian style home of mud block construction with a later brick veneer. The home was originally a storey and a half structure that was later converted into a two storey mansard style home. The dwelling’s cultural heritage value lies with its association with its first inhabitant – Thomas Parker. Mr. Parker was an Irish Palatine and a captain in the militia during the Upper Canada Rebellion. He is the original holder of the deed from the Crown dated 1840 and occupied the land as early as 1827. Thomas Parker was one of the original Reeves of West Gwillimbury Township alternating the position with William Armson for two terms.
Auld Kirk (1869) - 3380 Line 6 - In the process of designation|
Collings House (1878) - 108 Moore St. - In the process of designation|